This Community Outreach Mini-Grant program initiative seeks to broaden the opportunities for community engagement within Phillips County and the structure of the Delta Bridge Project while maintaining fiscal accountability. Municipalities, faith-based groups, and community members are provided access to small grants that focus on highly visible projects within the Phillips County Strategic Community Plan. The goal of this effort is to obtain a deeper layer of community outreach and catalyze community initiatives which are not suitable for traditional Delta Bridge Project funding.
Since the last update, nine mini-grants have been awarded:
- The Family Center in support of the Healthy Helena Expo.
- The Helena Museum of Phillips County for marketing materials and website updates.
- Boys and Girls Club of Phillips County to assist with startup costs associated with a Cub Scout Troop.
- Main Street Helena for marketing materials and equipment.
- Magnolia Cemetery to assist with grounds maintenance.
- Warfield Foundation to provide supplemental funding towards a concert series.
- The Humane Society of the Delta to purchase educational materials for a school based education program in Phillips County.
- Together for Hope to provided funding for an in-school literacy tutoring program in the schools in Phillips County.
- Meals on Wheels for West Helena Dogs to provide funding for medical care and food for the program.